Friday, May 11, 2007

Still Gotta Eat!


Cooking! . . . I thought I knew how to cook :) The grocery stores here are full of different foods. I shouldn't have any problems making meals my family enjoys. But, it seems the foods are just different enough that it changes the whole taste of a recipe. We sit down to the meal and start with a laugh; will we like it tonight or will it be a grilled cheese night?
Tomato based products are tangy, the cheeses all have different name, condensed cream soups are a quite different, although I can't exactly put my finger on how they are different! I've started to sort through all of my "from scratch" recipes and work at finding substitutes. I'm sure eventually I'll get the hang of it!
In the picture, Emily and I are making tortillas for tacos! You can find them here sometimes, but they are REALLY expensive.

No comments: